Our view on the disadvantages of photographs:
- It is not possible to photograph every aspect of a property, so photographs are unlikely to be a substitute for the written word.
- Photographs are not always a helpful indicator of issues such as cleanliness, dirt or dust.
- If not photographed properly, it can be difficult to show scale or perspective (although we know some canny ways to show scale or perspective).
- Digital photographs can easily be altered and there may be concerns over their reliability (although we never edit photographs we take).
- They cannot identify odours in the property, such as those caused by pets and smoking.